Why Weight Watchers?
Tuesday, May 10, 2005
I've been going to Weight Watchers since 1979.
Okay, to be a bit more precise, there have been some gaps. Ten to fifteen year gaps, in some cases.
But I think I've joined up at least five times over the years.
So why do I keep going back?
Because forking my money over to someone else helps to keep me accountable.
Crazy, I know.
I also think their plan makes sense. It's based on sound nutrition, it allows you to make choices, and it encourages active living. In other words, it's a program you can "work" for life.
So many fad diets sound like "get thin quick" schemes to me. They don't make sense from a nutritional standpoint and they certainly aren't something I could stick with over the long-term -- or even for the first 24 hours, in some cases. So that's why I'm back with Weight Watchers.
I'm happy to see that they've adjusted my "ideal weight" over the years. They used to want me to get down to 128 lbs. Now they want me to aim for a much more achievable 148 lbs. It's still going to be tough, but it's something I have at least a hope of achieving in this lifetime -- or perhaps the next. I intend to be reincarnated as a size 12-14 after all.
Okay, to be a bit more precise, there have been some gaps. Ten to fifteen year gaps, in some cases.
But I think I've joined up at least five times over the years.
So why do I keep going back?
Because forking my money over to someone else helps to keep me accountable.
Crazy, I know.
I also think their plan makes sense. It's based on sound nutrition, it allows you to make choices, and it encourages active living. In other words, it's a program you can "work" for life.
So many fad diets sound like "get thin quick" schemes to me. They don't make sense from a nutritional standpoint and they certainly aren't something I could stick with over the long-term -- or even for the first 24 hours, in some cases. So that's why I'm back with Weight Watchers.
I'm happy to see that they've adjusted my "ideal weight" over the years. They used to want me to get down to 128 lbs. Now they want me to aim for a much more achievable 148 lbs. It's still going to be tough, but it's something I have at least a hope of achieving in this lifetime -- or perhaps the next. I intend to be reincarnated as a size 12-14 after all.
posted by Ann D @ 10:41 AM
![]()